Ted Nugent: Call him Chickenhawk
Harry Hope
2006-05-29 22:54:27 UTC
From The Rutland Herald, 5/28/06:
http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060528/NEWS/605280335/1017

Ted Nugent: Call him Chickenhawk

Don't you just love the Nuge?

Here's a true-blue, red-blooded guy that any patriotic American could
really get behind.

Ted Nugent is an avid hunter, a member of the National Rifle
Association and hosts two outdoor shows.

Every time he takes the stage, Nugent can be seen waving the American
flag at his rock concerts.

And he's not afraid to say what he thinks.

The Nuge is also a big fan of the current war in Iraq.

In fact, the 57-year-old rocker also "told it like it is" during the
Vietnam War.

Here's Ted on what he would have done if he went to Vietnam:

"... if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd
have killed, or I'd kill all the hippies in the foxholes -- I would
have killed everybody," he told the Detroit Free Press in an interview
published July 15, 1990.

Fortunately, for our hero, Ted didn't go to Vietnam.

And how Ted managed to avoid the draft makes President Bush look like
a war hero.

In that 1990 interview with the Free Press and from information
collected from the Chickenhawk Web site, Nugent told about how he
avoided the draft:

"He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped
all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing
but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped
using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked
with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."

It says volumes about the character of a man who calls himself the
Motor City Madman.

The Detroit native went out of his way to avoid the defining
experience of his generation, then has the gall to talk about how
eagerly he would have killed, "if" he had served.

Nugent has been a lightning rod of controversy from the beginning of
his lame career.

Here are a few choice quotes from Ted over the years:

"What's a feminist anyway? A fat pig who doesn't get enough."

"Call it ego, call it bragging, call it whatever you want, but there's
only one alpha male and that's me."

"Organized religion is good for wars, battles -- and not much else."

"Foreigners are scum; I don't like 'em; I don't want 'em in this
country; I don't want 'em selling me doughnuts; I don't want 'em
pumping my gas; I don't want 'em downwind of my life -- OK?"

"I don't objectify women. I'd like to think that I'm optimizing their
hardware."

"I don't advocate violence, I perform it."

Speaking of performing, Ted doesn't really rank up there with the real
talent.

The only genuine hit he has had in more than 30 years is "Cat-Scratch
Fever," an irritating, lame ditty that says nothing.

Nugent joins a virtual dishonor role as one of the 52 members listed
as a Chickenhawk on the Chickenhawk Web site.
http://www.nhgazette.com/cgi-bin/NHGstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=%20NEWS%3B%20Chickenhawks

What's a Chickenhawk?

"They're all for war -- as long as they don't have to serve," is the
official credo of the site.

At the top of the list is President Bush, who the site says, went AWOL
while serving in the Air National Guard.

Also listed are Vice President Cheney, presidential advisor Karl Rove
and Paul Wolfowitz, one of the architects of the Iraq War.

There are some other notables on the list, including right-wing
blabbermouth Rush Limbaugh, Fox's Bill O'Reilly, Tom DeLay and a host
of others who love the war in Iraq, but somehow managed to avoid
Vietnam.

Nugent, a well-known sportsman and avid bow hunter, openly talks about
his love of hunting.

Sportsman?

You decide.

Nugent, who categorizes his brand of hunting as "whack 'em and stack
'em," was described as an "unethical" hunter in a story that appeared
in the Wall Street Journal on July 25, 1995.

"He shoots at anything," said a Mr. Cairnes in an interview.

"You should kill what you can use. He just likes to kill a lot of
animals."

(Cairnes is a hunting guide who takes people out to stab wild pigs in
Hawaii)

Ted has also pulled in a few bucks while serving as a "guide" on
canned hunts.

According to the Detroit Free Press, "Participants pay the Renegade
Ranch (a fenced in, 300-acre canned hunting recreation area) for the
animals they kill -- anywhere from $500 for a wild boar to $5,500 for
a 6-point elk. Nugent tacks on a $250 fee for serving as celebrity
guide."

So why, one could reasonably ask, bring up this nasty Nugent nugget
after all of these years?

Under normal circumstances I would not if Nugent just went about his
business of making mediocre music and outrageous comments.

But since Ted insists on being such a "patriotic" supporter of the
carnage in Iraq and such a war-hawk, it was time to put his stand into
perspective.

Nugent could not be reached for comment.

At press time, he was in Berlin for the start of his European tour.

Nugent's disdain for drugs, alcohol and tobacco has been well
reported.

He has claimed, in a number of interviews, that he "never" took drugs.

In an interview with CREEM magazine, he told writer Jeffrey Morgan
that he finds drug users repulsive.

Except when it's time for the Draft Board:

CREEM: "Are you still a hard case on drugs?"

Nugent:

"Real hard. I have never done a drug in my life. I have never smoked a
joint in my life. I took two tokes off a joint with the MC5 one night
and almost gagged and thought it was stupid. And that's it. I took two
tokes off a joint once. I snorted one line of cocaine. And one line of
crystal methedrine before my draft physical -- but God, that was worth
it because I wanted to see the look on the Sergeant's face. That's it
for drugs."

In a later interview, Nugent told about how he smoked just 50 joints
in his entire life.

Ted hosts "Spirit of the Wild" on The Outdoor Channel and is the star
of Outdoor Life Network's new series, "Wanted: Ted or Alive."

He also loves guns.

Except when it comes to carrying one during wartime.

Right Wing Chickenhawk, Ted Nugent, Ladies and Gentelemen.

Harry
Mitchell Holman
He was against the war before he was for the war.
GOP is HISTORY
In every cesspool there's an alpha turd, and this one is it.
george
2006-05-30 16:36:35 UTC
Post by GOP is HISTORY
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
I'd say that it is you that fits that bill, traitor-fuck.
--
"The left is engaged in treason. Make no mistake about it." [Clayton
Cramer,

-----
GOP is HISTORY
2006-05-30 20:16:35 UTC
Post by george
Post by GOP is HISTORY
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
Wattsa matter, turds banging against your forehead? Try tilting your head
back, maybe the sewage will drain out your nose.
e***@netpath.net
2006-05-30 02:56:30 UTC
Reality: a damn small share of the American male population of that
age range ever was in the military then - much less was drafted. It
hardly was a World War II-type environment where almost every guy of
draft age went in the service - much less anywhere near the war. In
such a circumstance, neither Nugent nor anyone else was morally
obligated to be one of the comparative fistful of chumps.
Would YOU pay your taxes - if you knew that the federal tax system
was one in which only an unlucky 10% or less of theoretically obligated
Americans had to?

LyingCheatingIncompetantFakeReligiousRepugliCons
2006-05-30 02:59:28 UTC
He is a good for nothing caveman, his last hit was 26 years ago, what a
joke.
l***@yahoo.com
2006-05-30 03:08:36 UTC
Post by e***@netpath.net
Reality: a damn small share of the American male population of that
age range ever was in the military then - much less was drafted. It
hardly was a World War II-type environment where almost every guy of
draft age went in the service - much less anywhere near the war. In
such a circumstance, neither Nugent nor anyone else was morally
obligated to be one of the comparative fistful of chumps.
Would YOU pay your taxes - if you knew that the federal tax system
was one in which only an unlucky 10% or less of theoretically obligated
Americans had to?
Poor lad, too dense, or simply illiterate, to notice the enlistment
offices. They even existed during the Vietnam war. And if Nugent did
what is claimed he did, it was a federal felony. Obviously, just your
typical rethugliklan criminal.

Reality: what a rethugliklan complains is an unfair liberal plot.
Shelly Levine
2006-05-30 09:29:12 UTC
Arrest the fucker.
Tracey1212
2006-05-30 09:45:07 UTC
HAHA! Pussified communists putting down people who didn't serve in
Vietnam when today, you would congradulate anyone who went AWOL from
Iraq.. You talk down the war we are involved in, but you act so pios
when talking about someone didn't serve in Nam.

What jokers you are!
Nosmo King
2006-05-30 12:36:28 UTC
Post by Tracey1212
HAHA! Pussified communists putting down people who didn't serve in
Vietnam when today, you would congradulate anyone who went AWOL from
Iraq.. You talk down the war we are involved in, but you act so pios
when talking about someone didn't serve in Nam.
What jokers you are!
Nope. Teddy just likes to talk the talk, not walk the walk. He's a
bullshit artist.

GOP is HISTORY
So when are you going over to Iraq?
wbarwell
2006-05-30 08:46:48 UTC
Post by Harry Hope
"He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped
all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing
but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped
using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked
with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."
It says volumes about the character of a man who calls himself the
Motor City Madman.
A brave , brave man. A maggot infested long haired hippy, say wot?
Now he's Mr. Tough Guy.
--
"Its the hit dog what yelps."
- Mark Twain

Cheerful Charlie
Roedy Green
2006-05-30 14:04:13 UTC
Post by Harry Hope
"He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped
all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing
but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped
using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked
with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."
“I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to
get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to
better myself and learn to fly airplanes.”
~ George W. Bush
1984-05 to the Houston Chronicle
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."
~ W. Edwards Deming
e***@netpath.net
2006-05-30 17:30:33 UTC
Post by Harry Hope
"He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped
all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing
but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped
using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked
with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."
"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to
get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to
better myself and learn to fly airplanes."
~ George W. Bush
1984-05 to the Houston Chronicle
Huge numbers of people did all sorts of things to avoid being the
tiny percentage of theoretically-draftable men that the American
military would have in Nam. They weren't willing to be the chump in a
system analogous to only randomly-picked Americans having to pay taxes
- unlike a World War II in which the overwhelming majority of
draft-eligible American men served in some way.
One of my math profs ate nothing but a very-salty local ham for
three weeks before his draft physical - causing his blood pressure to
go through the roof! Kept him out of the military - and he went back
to normal eating right after the desired result in his draft physical.

Morton Davis
2006-05-30 22:47:40 UTC
Post by e***@netpath.net
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
Hardly any Americans signed enlistment papers, then fled America like
chicken shit cowards like Bill Clinton did. The vast majority of Americans
who went to Vietnam didn't smoke opium like Al Gore. And the vast majority
of Purple Heart recipients have visible scars - unlike John Kerry who has
NONE.

THe same week I reported for induction, two high school friends also
reported. One of them was sent to Germany, the other was sentr to Korea. I
went to Vietnam, where I was assigned to Cam Rahn Bay. No one in my unit saw
any combat. No one in my unit was ever fired on by the enemy. No one in my
unit ever fired a weapon outside of the quilification rangeat Cam Rahn Bay.
It was like that for the majority of service personnel who went to Vietnam.

Bush chose to learn to fly jets and became an excellent pilot. He was far
too inexperienced to even be considered to fly in Virtnam. But he did serve
as much as any other member of the TNG who never went to Vietnam and my
friends who served in Germany and Korea also served. Bill Clinton could have
served and never gone to Vioetnam, or he could have gone to Vietnam and
never seen a moment of battle.

Or he could have become a medic and helped save lives.

Bill Clinton chose to abandon his country.
GOP is HISTORY
2006-05-30 23:30:23 UTC
Post by Morton Davis
Post by e***@netpath.net
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
Yeah, it must have been hell to be in your unit - the unit mail clerks!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!!
Post by Morton Davis
Bush chose to learn to fly jets and became an excellent pilot.
Except for that last time he flew he almost killed himself trying to land
with his gear up! The base commander almost court-martialed him for that
one!

He could fly so-so, but his landings were sheer hell! They put the base on
alert every time he went up!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA !!!!!

He was far
Post by Morton Davis
too inexperienced to even be considered to fly in Virtnam.
He was too inexperienced to fly outside of Texas!!! They were afraid he'd
head out over the ocean and get lost!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA !!!

But he did serve
Post by Morton Davis
as much as any other member of the TNG who never went to Vietnam and my
friends who served in Germany and Korea also served.
Word has it he was the finest server on the base!!! He'd serve a bourbon
on the rocks like nobody's business!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA !!!!

In fact, he served so well there's still a $50,000.00 reward for anyone who
can prove they witnessed him performing any National Guard Service between
May 1972 and October 1973, in either Alabama or Texas!!! How's THAT for
serving your country!

Bill Clinton could have
Post by Morton Davis
served and never gone to Vioetnam, or he could have gone to Vietnam and
never seen a moment of battle.
Or he could have become a medic and helped save lives.
Bill Clinton chose to abandon his country.
I guess that means Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle,
Douglas Feith, Eliot Abrams, Ari Fleischer, Andrew Card, Ken Adelman, Don
Evans, Michael Ledeen, Elliott Abrams, John Bolton, Rudy Giuliani, George
Pataki, Kenneth Starr, John G. Roberts, Samuel Alito, Antonin Scalia,
Clarence Thomas, Trent Lott, Bill Frist, John Ashcroft, Saxby Chambliss, Don
Nickles, Mitch McConnell, Rick Santorum, Richard Shelby, Newt Gingrich, Dick
Armey, Tom Delay, John A. Boehner, Roy Blunt, Bob Ney, David Dreier, Tim
Hutchison, Christopher Cox, Dana Rohrabacher, JC Watts, Bob Barr, Katherine
Harris, Kenneth Starr, Bill Bennett, Ted Olson, Arnold Schwarzenegger (AWOL
from Austrian army base), Rush Limbaugh, Pat Buchanan, Pat Robertson, Sean
Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Chris Matthews, Matt Drudge, Tony Snow, Michael
"Savage" Weiner, Brit Hume, Roger Ailes, Bill Kristol, Ralph Reed, Anne
Coulter, Jerry Falwell, Alan Keyes, and ***TED NUGENT*** all abandoned their
country, too! No wonder the place is in such sorry shape with all the
traitors running the show!
l***@yahoo.com
2006-06-01 00:33:21 UTC
Post by Morton Davis
Post by e***@netpath.net
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
Dear Mr. Moron Davis:

I will use small words, as reichwing wackos generally react to sight
and smell (they have limited cognitive function).

The difference between, say, your hero Dick Cheney, was Dick said he
had other priorities [than defending the nation] but still cheered as
others fought and died in his place in Vietnam. Clinton thought the
Vietnam war a waste of life and did not wish to go but did not want
someone else to go in his place, unlike:

[...]

As for you, you little barracks queen, given your chest-thumpin'
Internet faux patriotism, why didn't you 1049 into a field unit?
Instead, you preferred to stay warm, cool, well-fed, clean, and safe,
while desparate young men tried to survive combat whose purpose they
never understood.

And now, safe behind a computer screen, you question those who actually
fought. Ain't ya da modern John Wayne. Ain't ya the brave one.
drew
2006-06-01 01:55:39 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
Post by Morton Davis
Post by e***@netpath.net
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
nice post, thanks. These fuckers just don't understand. I doubt he
responds. They are just chickenshits.

Lisa
2006-05-30 18:57:57 UTC
Ted Nugent is effeminate. He has a face like a girl.