More People Watched PBS Than FOX, Preferring Good-old Fashioned Liberalism to Right Wingnuttiness
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-23 02:26:18 UTC
P.S. You know there was a scientific study done about this fact,
Oinker, the people who watch Fox News are LESS informed than people
who watch no news at all -- because it was posted in this newsgroup.
A highly suspect study if I recall.
Your 'recall' is suspect, as the three studies performed so far
have confirmed that trend. More will follow and likely you may
already be the subject of one such study..
The "study" posted by TomSr concluded that consumers of Fox News ARE
Less informed than other consumers
Nope. The studies concluded what you know about current events
depends upon which new network you watch most often. In the
particular studies that compared NPR listeners to Fox Noise,
er.. "news" television (as entertainment), the NPR listeners
faired considerably better.
Tell me, why should I give such a "study" any credibility
Why should I give medicine to an already dead person?
Give me links
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/174826/survey-nprs-listeners-best-informed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/

http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/

http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/

Other studies..

http://www.journalism.org/2012/11/01/coverage-candidates-media-sector-and-cable-outlet/

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/14/five-facts-about-fox-news/

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/brunitedstatescanadara/671.php?nid=&id=&pnt=671&lb=

http://madamenoire.com/437218/can-this-be-right-a-new-survey-says-msnbc-is-the-least-trusted-tv-news-source/

http://publicreligion.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Final-
Immigration-Survey.pdf

Example..

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/08/listen-fox-news-covers-house-benghazi-report-vindicating-obama/

http://mediamatters.org/research/2011/02/01/fox-news-top-10-lies-about-climate-science/175811

Try not to choke like you did when I challenged to you to find that
supposed "leftist indoctrination" in the College Board's AP History
curricula. Never mind that your responses up to that point were just
the usual failed right-wing political ideology you blindly regurgitate..
--
"Conservatives have no ideas; just irritable mental
gestures which seek to resemble ideas"
-Lionel Trilling
David Hartung
2014-10-23 12:10:03 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
[...]
This poll was six questions about current event. Once again, to draw the
broad conclusions you draw from such a pol;l seems top me to be foolish.
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/
Refers to the same poll as immediately above.
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/
Refers to the poll referred to by Tom's cite.

By the way, the above are polls, not "studies"
Post by Kurt Lochner
Other studies..
http://www.journalism.org/2012/11/01/coverage-candidates-media-sector-and-cable-outlet/
It seems that you did not even scan what you cited, as this article does
not refer to which typ of news consumer is the most informed, but on the
partisan nature of the various providers of new reports.
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/14/five-facts-about-fox-news/
Again, this article is not about how knowledgeable news consumers are.
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/brunitedstatescanadara/671.php?nid=&id=&pnt=671&lb=
Once again, this is primarily about news misinformation in general.
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://madamenoire.com/437218/can-this-be-right-a-new-survey-says-msnbc-is-the-least-trusted-tv-news-source/
You call this a study? You may wish to go back and read this one again,
the author claims that her source is a Pew study on immigration reform.
To be honest, I did not take the time to read the entire study, but
noting in the executive summary even hints at what Ms Garcia is claiming.
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://publicreligion.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Final-
Immigration-Survey.pdf
And here is the source for Ms Garcia's article. This appears to be an
interesting paper, and I intend to read it when I get the time, but as I
said above, it does not appear to make the point that Ms Garcia claims
it makes.
Post by Kurt Lochner
Example..
http://thedailybanter.com/2014/08/listen-fox-news-covers-house-benghazi-report-vindicating-obama/
Wow, I am impressed, you were able to find an opinion article bashing
Fox News.
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://mediamatters.org/research/2011/02/01/fox-news-top-10-lies-about-climate-science/175811
Another left wing opinion site, known for misrepresenting things.

Thus far all you have is a couple of polls from the same source. These
polls seem to draw very broad conclusions based upon a very limited set
of questions; sorry, I find your argument unpersuasive.
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-23 13:13:46 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
[...]
David, you are the one that 'draws broad conclusions' from very
little subject matter, and when the 'facts' do not support your
'conclusions', you resort to petty remarks unbecoming of your profession..
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/
Refers to the same poll as immediately above.
Yes, and continues to support the conclusions drawn..
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/
Refers to the poll referred to by Tom's cite.
You're starting to get a clue, careful now..
Post by David Hartung
By the way, the above are polls, not "studies"
I see that you've again dropped the ball..

These studies were drawn from opinion polls, devised in such a manner
that the opinions were a measure of knowledge, dispersed by the various
media. In these comparisons, Fox News (presented as 'entertainment')
as opposed to NPR and other sources..
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Other studies..
http://www.journalism.org/2012/11/01/coverage-candidates-media-sector-and-cable-outlet/
It seems that you did not even scan what you cited
It seems that you're not familiar with actual studies, as this
article mentioned above correlates the previous studies, David.
Post by David Hartung
as this article does not refer to which typ of news consumer
is the most informed, but on the partisan nature of the
various providers of new reports.
So, you're trying to deny that Fox "news" isn't 'partisan'?
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/14/five-facts-about-fox-news/
Again, this article is not about how knowledgeable news consumers are.
*>chuckling<* So, you're trying to deny that Fox "news" isn't partisan?
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/brunitedstatescanadara/671.php?nid=&id=&pnt=671&lb=
Once again, this is primarily about news misinformation
So, you're trying to ignore that Fox "news" isn't misinformation?
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://madamenoire.com/437218/can-this-be-right-a-new-survey-says-msnbc-is-the-least-trusted-tv-news-source/
You call this a study?
It makes for an interesting contrast, David..
Post by David Hartung
You may wish to go back and read this one again,
You may want to go back to the top of my cites and quit trying to
fit all that I've mentioned into such a narrow set of categories..
Post by David Hartung
To be honest, I did not take the time to read the entire study,
That was a 'given' on your behalf, which is why I mentioned it,
as it confirms the original studies. You are less informed by
watching Fox "news" than by listening to NPR..
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://publicreligion.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Final-Immigration-Survey.pdf
And here is the source for Ms Garcia's article. This appears to be an
interesting paper, and I intend to read it when I get the time,
You didn't read it, and missed the point, owing to prejudices that
appear to have been established by being less informed, again confirming
what the original studies indicated, to precise margins of error..
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Example..
http://thedailybanter.com/2014/08/listen-fox-news-covers-house-benghazi-report-vindicating-obama/
Wow, I am impressed, you were able to find an opinion article bashing
Fox News.
Yeah, despite the efforts to obscure how biased Fox "news" is..
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
http://mediamatters.org/research/2011/02/01/fox-news-top-10-lies-about-climate-science/175811
Another left wing opinion site
You'd prefer that I mention how Fox "news" had to qualify their
misinformation and insinuated lies, in a court of law, as a form
of 'entertainment', as opposed to actual unbiased "news"?

I can do that for you, if you'd care to read it again..
Post by David Hartung
I find your argument unpersuasive.
I'm not trying to persuade you, as you've already made it abundantly
clear that you cannot be 'persuaded' by factual accounts and studies,
such as global warming and climate change. You also have avoided my
challenge to show me where the College Board's AP History curriculum
is somehow "leftist indoctrination", per the RNC's false declarations..

But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
-Lionel Trilling
David Hartung
2014-10-23 13:33:32 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
I find your argument unpersuasive.
I'm not trying to persuade you, as you've already made it abundantly
clear that you cannot be 'persuaded' by factual accounts and studies,
such as global warming and climate change. You also have avoided my
challenge to show me where the College Board's AP History curriculum
is somehow "leftist indoctrination", per the RNC's false declarations..
But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
The fact remains that you have a gift of drawing conclusions based upon
what you think the other person is saying, and not on what they actually
say.
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-23 13:44:18 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
I find your argument unpersuasive.
I'm not trying to persuade you, as you've already made it abundantly
clear that you cannot be 'persuaded' by factual accounts and studies,
such as global warming and climate change. You also have avoided my
challenge to show me where the College Board's AP History curriculum
is somehow "leftist indoctrination", per the RNC's false declarations..
But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
The fact remains that you have a gift of drawing conclusions
Yeah, that's why I worked in academic research, and digital systems
that are now common-place.

So, despite your 'just a redneck with an opinion' disclaimers,
you've again tried to 'project' your own malaise upon someone
other than yourself..

Example follows
Post by David Hartung
drawing conclusions based upon what you think the other person
is saying, and not on what they actually say.
Welp, the facts indicate that more people watched the PBS presentation
made by Ken Burns than the aggregated 'audience' of Fox "news", and
some studies have indicated that viewers of Fox "news" are less informed
than those who don't even watch or listen to the "news" media..

Thank you for again, inadvertently, proving that this is entirely factual.
-Lionel Trilling
Governor Swill
2014-10-24 23:42:42 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Welp, the facts indicate that more people watched the PBS presentation
made by Ken Burns than the aggregated 'audience' of Fox "news", and
some studies have indicated that viewers of Fox "news" are less informed
than those who don't even watch or listen to the "news" media..
Are you talking about "The Roosevelts"? Awesome. Absolutely one of
the best non fiction broadcasts I've seen in my life. My roommates
even got hooked on it.

Swill
The difference between being ruled by a central government
or the 1% is that the government is ultimately answerable
to the voters - the 1% are answerable to no one.
<http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm>
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-25 00:36:40 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Kurt Lochner
Welp, the facts indicate that more people watched the PBS presentation
made by Ken Burns than the aggregated 'audience' of Fox "news", and
some studies have indicated that viewers of Fox "news" are less informed
than those who don't even watch or listen to the "news" media..
Are you talking about "The Roosevelts"? Awesome. Absolutely one of
the best non fiction broadcasts I've seen in my life. My roommates
even got hooked on it.
Yup, that's the one. Ken's presentation on the "Dust Bowl"
was our previous favorite, and I'll be ordering the DVD's..
-Lionel Trilling
Governor Swill
2014-10-25 23:44:00 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Kurt Lochner
Welp, the facts indicate that more people watched the PBS presentation
made by Ken Burns than the aggregated 'audience' of Fox "news", and
some studies have indicated that viewers of Fox "news" are less informed
than those who don't even watch or listen to the "news" media..
Are you talking about "The Roosevelts"? Awesome. Absolutely one of
the best non fiction broadcasts I've seen in my life. My roommates
even got hooked on it.
Yup, that's the one. Ken's presentation on the "Dust Bowl"
was our previous favorite, and I'll be ordering the DVD's..
I know The Civil War was what made him a household word, but the guy
is unstoppable. I learned more about the Depression from that series
than from all my schooling combined.

tonopah
2014-10-28 18:10:07 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
I learned more about the Depression from that series
than from all my schooling combined.
On 10/28/2014 10:32 AM, Governor Swill wrote:> I wish I was doing
better. My company cut positions in 2009 and I
Post by Governor Swill
haven't been able to get work since. My reserves are gone and a
congenital, progressive hip disorder means I know cannot stand or walk
for more than a few minutes without excruciating pain.
But you can lurk and pollute these groups 24-7 with your evil,
uber-partisan, illogical, yet now recognizably meds-driven rants.

It's the pain talking, clearly.

You're so doped up, so much a ward of the state, so spiritually
enfeebled, that your lifetime of bile is now flowing out through your
keyboard in an unending torrent of partisan political attacks and hatred.

You're a sick man all right will - mentally, spiritually, and physically.

And now everyone knows just why you're so addicted to hitting back at
life, and Republicans at large as a means of political payback for your
own rapidly failing life circumstances.

Thanks for setting the context.
tonopah
2014-10-25 01:26:16 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Are you talking about "The Roosevelts"?
"Romney still thinks the Soviet Union is the biggest threat to national
security "

-Governor Swill, Monday, September 10, 2012 7:00 AM

"Had we elected Gore in 2000 9/11 wouldn't have happened."

-Governor Swill, Monday, November 10, 2008 9:02 AM

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:20:47 -0400, Governor Swill
Post by Governor Swill
production increase promised was credited therein to the UN
Wrong. I've provided the ENTIRE article below, which you claim you
read, so you can CITE EXACTLY WHERE the production increase was
credited "to the UN."
The paragraph most relevant to the discussion at hand, "Mr Naimi said
Saudi Arabia was responding to requests from between 30 and 60
consumer countries. Finance ministers from the Group of Eight nations
meeting in Tokyo yesterday added to the chorus urging Saudi Arabia to
increase production."
[...]
The bottom line is this. Bonde, in his infinite stupidity made a
claim he can't prove. He tried to prove it with an article that
specifically disproves his claim. After he gets smacked around for
being stupid, you rush to his defense thus displaying your own
stupidity.
YOU claimed the production increase was credited "to the UN."

YOU LIED.

YOU claimed the production increase was credited to "the Secretary
General."

YOU LIED.

"...the Saudi oil minister, Ali al-Naimi, who told him [the UN's Ban]
that Saudi Arabia had raised production this month by 300,000 barrels
per day AT THE REQUEST OF CONSUMERS, and next month would raise output
by a further 200,000 barrels per day." [Emphasis mine.]

"Mr Naimi said Saudi Arabia was responding to requests from
between 30 and 60 consumer countries."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-king-we-will-pump-more-oil-

847830.html

YOU are NOW a BUSTED LIAR!
David Hartung
2014-10-25 01:28:37 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Welp, the facts indicate that more people watched the PBS presentation
made by Ken Burns than the aggregated 'audience' of Fox "news",
So far as I know, no one is disagreeing with that fact.
Post by Kurt Lochner
some studies have indicated that viewers of Fox "news" are less informed
than those who don't even watch or listen to the "news" media..
Yes and had I used such a study to support my position, you would have
rejected the sources. When you can come up with some in depth, peer
reviewed studies, we might have something to discuss. A poll of just a
few questions, is of limited worth in this sort of thing.

Of course, those polls support your position, and thus they are credible
in your eyes.
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-25 02:12:59 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
I find your argument unpersuasive.
I'm not trying to persuade you, as you've already made it abundantly
clear that you cannot be 'persuaded' by factual accounts and studies,
such as global warming and climate change. You also have avoided my
challenge to show me where the College Board's AP History curriculum
is somehow "leftist indoctrination", per the RNC's false declarations..
*>cricket.wav<*
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
drawing conclusions based upon what you think the other person
is saying, and not on what they actually say.
Welp, the facts indicate that more people watched the PBS presentation
made by Ken Burns than the aggregated 'audience' of Fox "news", and
some studies have indicated that viewers of Fox "news" are less informed
than those who don't even watch or listen to the "news" media..
Yes and had I used such a study to support my position
But you didn't, and I had already dug out the details of several
studies regarding this matter, as the basis from which this stems from..
Post by David Hartung
When you can come up with some in depth, peer reviewed studies,
I already did..
Post by David Hartung
A poll of just a few questions, is of limited worth
*>chuckling<* In your opinion, redneck though it may be..
Post by David Hartung
Of course, those polls support your position, and thus
David, you've been brain-washed by your "news as entertainment"
and have yet to wake up and smell what you've been shoveling..

Your insinuations have no scientific merit, in this instance..
-Lionel Trilling
Governor Swill
2014-10-24 23:40:35 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
The fact remains that you have a gift of drawing conclusions based upon
what you think the other person is saying, and not on what they actually
say.
This is pretty standard behavior regardless of political stripe.
Humans like their solutions simple so will draw conclusions based on
minimal information.

tonopah

YOU are NOW a BUSTED LIAR!
David Hartung
2014-10-25 01:30:22 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
The fact remains that you have a gift of drawing conclusions based upon
what you think the other person is saying, and not on what they actually
say.
This is pretty standard behavior regardless of political stripe.
Humans like their solutions simple so will draw conclusions based on
minimal information.
No argument there, but Kurt like to portray himself as an academic, who
looks at all the facts. He seems unable to recognize that he is no
smarter, or better than the rest of us.
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-25 02:15:40 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Governor Swill
Post by David Hartung
Post by Governor Swill
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
The fact remains that you have a gift of drawing conclusions based upon
what you think the other person is saying, and not on what they actually
say.
This is pretty standard behavior regardless of political stripe.
Humans like their solutions simple so will draw conclusions based on
minimal information.
No argument there, but Kurt like to portray himself as an academic,
There is no "portrayal" as you like to insinuate, David..
-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-30 02:03:59 UTC
..
Post by David Hartung
No argument there, but Kurt like to portray himself as an academic
Ahhh, now that you're admitting that all you've got left is your
usual juvenile personal attacks, let's see how dishonest your
petty sniveling will get, shall we?
Kurt has attributed to himself several notable achievements,
most notably that he has a master's degree in physics
Nope, couldn't get a family of four, two jobs and expenses to
blend comfortably into a successful masters degree program,
not that the subject material was difficult enough, right?
(or psychics as he sometimes calls it)
Nope, that was yourself that called them "psychics problems"

"Now, would you like me to correct your psychics mistakes?"

"Don't you wish you wre smart enough to solve psychics problems like me?"
Some other posters have challenged him on this,
They turned out to be yourself, didn't they, Sloppy Sham..

"How can we insinuate against about your academic credentials?"
and even presented some simple physics problems,
"And yeah, the charge builds up between the plates, niwit."

"If you were to ball a ball 500 miles above the Earth's surface"

"Anyway, I didn't even bother to out in the units in the equation"

"Oh, the units are in energy - kg x ft^2/sec^2"

"We'll assume a unit mass of unity."

"You do know that your it is a quadratic equation, not linear,
don't you"

"take a simple capacitor of 10 microfarads, and apply a
battery with an electromovtive force of 20 volts."

"This nutjob, [..] came back with "cosx dx du"."
on which he demonstrated an appalling lack of knowledge
You meant where I had to correct your "answers" because you
couldn't be bothered to use the correct terms, constants and
equations? Yeah, now that was a 'telling' moment about you..
One typical example is where he declared the value of "g",
the acceleration due to Earth's gravity, as being 16 ft per
second squared.
And there's only one time you can point to, only one posting,
where all the other postings clearly state 32'/sec^2, Sloppy..

Say, what ever happened to Vapid Muffette? Is he even alive?
When his error was pointed out to him, he replied he knew
Have you googled that lately, happy guy?
I have learned to take anything he says with a grain of salt.
No, you have insinuated and whined about how I've refuted your
right-wing pabulum with facts, cited articles, papers and polls
that completely expose you as a partisan shill, with all the
mannerisms of a desperate middle-aged political prom queen..

Examples follow..
--
"I don't much about Cathy, except he was a victim of the
left-wing hate machine, but I ditto your sentiment."

"All paid for by Welfare checks. Your tax dollars at work
- making more Obama babies to grow up to be thugs."

"Heck no, nor do I expect Obama would never get us back on our feet."

"That just shows your palalum and low-effort thinking."

"Let's see under Obama we've has the sequester"

"Wasn't doesn't Obama just stop the shut-down?"

"Another inaccurate left-wing hacket job."

"Is this some kind of Fruedian thing?"

"(What an idoit)"
Man of Mind
2014-10-31 01:24:14 UTC
I can't help but notice that, as often as Kurt accuses
others of "juvenile personal attacks" [..]
Let's take a look at some of yours, for comparison, Fluffy Skirts..

"I know you regularly genuflect to your lib mouth-organs like the
Kos and Huffpoo, but really that sort of proxy thinking is your
own malady to work through, so don't project it upon me."

"Leave it to an idiot... whose obviously off his meds... to txt-laugh
like a lickspittle moron without indicating why the weird behavior."

"Most posters in this NG have far more credibility, and have
demonstrated from more intelligence, than has wy."

"You changed the constant of "x" from ONE to TWO, dummkopf. What the
fuck does that have to do with the ORIGINAL identity, shit4brains?"

"Kurt's job was proving drinks and chips for their meetings
and doing the balloon rockets and play-do terra-forming."

"If you have to have to have someone who's "stupid" outsmart you
and correct your mistakes, then what does that make you?"

"your inability to grasp complex concepts confirm that you simply
don't have the competence to don't warrant a serious debate."

"He comes across as genuinely proud of his ignorance and
thinks himself cleaver by clipping what people post"

"It's very awarding knowing that both of my feet are clearly and
permanently ensconsed up your asses."

"it's not his weight or his unseemly appearance that bothers me [..]
but that he is an adject fool and serial liar."

"Kurt "Lochner" Harrington is have servere Delirium Tremens
Paranoid Hallucinations."

"Actually I thought Zepp might have dies - he spends his life
on this NG."

"Like all libs, he opens bhis big, fat stupid mouth without thinking
what he's saying."

"think about it, it is likely that anyone can truly be that stupid?"

"idiot Dave, right up to the time you back into the looney bin,"

"At first, I just thought Kurt was a typical clueless liberal,"

"Your inability to understanding basic arithmetic is note."

"Barry does not like his mistales exposed in public."

"This nutjob, [..] came back with "cosx dx du"."

"More accurately, wy is boderline retarded"

-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-11-01 02:12:52 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
I can't help but notice that, as often as Kurt accuses
others of "juvenile personal attacks" [..]
Let's take a look at some of yours, for comparison, Fluffy Skirts..
"Fluffy skirts"? Lol!
Well, it dawned on me the other day that Sloppy Sham was acting like
a venal middle-aged woman with PMS, stuck in her own IT cubical hell,
and then it struck me that maybe it wasn't an act after all.

Examples follow..

"(What an idoit)"
Man of Mind
2014-11-04 14:47:59 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
I can't help but notice that, as often as Kurt accuses
others of "juvenile personal attacks" [..]
Let's take a look at some of yours, for comparison, Fluffy Skirts..
"Fluffy skirts"? Lol!
Tell me about it...
Well, maybe you aren't a menopausal, overweight woman, but you
certainly exhibit all the mannerisms. Gossipy insinuations and all..

Examples follow, fluffy skirts.

"(What an idoit)"
Kurt Lochner
2014-11-05 02:28:24 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
Post by Man of Mind
I can't help but notice that, as often as Kurt accuses
others of "juvenile personal attacks" [..]
Let's take a look at some of yours, for comparison, Fluffy Skirts..
"Fluffy skirts"? Lol!
Tell me about it...
Well, maybe you aren't a menopausal, overweight woman, but you
certainly exhibit all the mannerisms. Gossipy insinuations and all..
So, did you ever get an answer to that? *>chuckling<*
-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-31 01:42:40 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
Post by David Hartung
No argument there, but Kurt like to portray himself as an academic
Ahhh, now that you're admitting that all you've got left is your
usual juvenile personal attacks, let's see how dishonest your
petty sniveling will get, shall we?
Where does he admit that? And his attack is not juvenile,
Okay, puerile then..
it's a valid observation albeit one from his point of view.
No, and he's actually much more polite in our personal e-0mails..
"No argument there, but Kurt like to portray himself as an academic,
who looks at all the facts. He seems unable to recognize that he is
no smarter, or better than the rest of us."
Uhmm, my Stanford-Binet and GRE scores are likely much higher than
those of Hartung's or Faulty Sham's. I don't have to suffer fools gladly
and usually make them laugh at themselves in face-to-face encounters,
because I can laugh at myself quite easily. But when they get emboldened
by the physical distances involved with their keyboard commando
routines, I've given them better than they've given others, and won't
hesitate to tell them that their 'emperor' has no clothes..
If you want to debate topics from ideological viewpoints with factual
data, fine.
Are you suggesting that I don't?
But these personal attacks against each other do nothing
to enlighten anybody.
Tell Faulty Sham/BeenHired Allegories, and don't accuse me of their
misdeeds again.
-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-11-01 03:03:38 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
Post by Man of Mind
Post by David Hartung
No argument there, but Kurt like to portray himself as an academic
Ahhh, now that you're admitting that all you've got left is your
usual juvenile personal attacks, let's see how dishonest your
petty sniveling will get, shall we?
Where does he admit that? And his attack is not juvenile,
Okay, puerile then..
Not that either. His attack discredits the education of the person
he's debating. That said, his attack is personal but well stated
without being "puerile" or "juvenile". For a change anyway. :)
Yeah, he's usually not that condescending..
Post by Man of Mind
it's a valid observation albeit one from his point of view.
No, and he's actually much more polite in our personal e-0mails..
Usenet is noted for the utter abandon with which it's users treat each
other.
I've seen all kinds of that behavior over the past 20 years..
Post by Man of Mind
"No argument there, but Kurt like to portray himself as an academic,
who looks at all the facts. He seems unable to recognize that he is
no smarter, or better than the rest of us."
Uhmm, my Stanford-Binet and GRE scores are likely much higher than
those of Hartung's or Faulty Sham's. I don't have to suffer fools gladly
and usually make them laugh at themselves in face-to-face encounters,
because I can laugh at myself quite easily. But when they get emboldened
by the physical distances involved with their keyboard commando
routines, I've given them better than they've given others, and won't
hesitate to tell them that their 'emperor' has no clothes..
None of which makes any of us any "better" than any other.
That simply isn't a stance that I take with these ass-hats.
Evaluating well stated opinions (of which there is a dearth around
here) based on education status smacks of poll taxes, voter literacy
tests and other means of limiting expression of opinion.
On the other hand, telling someone educated in physics and
meteorological phenomena that the data, the standards of
peer-review publications and their educated opinions don't
matter in a discussion because 'science' has somehow been
elevated to some sort of unstated "religion" is just asking
for a ball-busting..

So this routine of making deliberately false declarations about
how 'elevated' I must think of myself as is simply absurd, when
you think about how much science disdains 'beliefs' such as that,
but is simply another right-wing ploy to pretend 'persecution'
and playing the 'victim' when their lies (usually by omission)
are exposed for what they really are.
Post by Man of Mind
If you want to debate topics from ideological viewpoints with factual
data, fine.
Are you suggesting that I don't?
You do but you also chime in on the personal attack threads as well.
I can give as well as take it, and it's one hell of a noisy
classroom with the 'frightie-righties' whining about how their
opinions are just as valid the actual scientific facts. Still,
one could make the argument of lying down with dogs and waking
up with fleas, except that I don't share their false dichotomies..
I find your general tendency to back up opinion with cited data
refreshing.
Good, expect more of the same..
On this occasion though, the statement, "No argument there, but Kurt
like to portray himself as an academic,
I do not effort towards 'portraying' myself 'as an academic' and
that's simply because the group-thinking in universities is geared
more towards 'empire-building' and 'revenue' than actually teaching
the students so that they are somewhat better prepared for an uncertain
future. And gone are the days of simply deciding between war, work or
school..
He seems unable to recognize that he is no smarter, or better
No, there's no doubt that I'm 'smarter' than Hartung, and I can't
abide by such groups as the Mensa, either. Talk about suffocating
in smugness worse than any 'ivory tower' on-campus. Screw that..
is not a juvenile attack but a personal one and well made at that.
Nope, and Hartung knows this to be true about me, too.
Post by Man of Mind
But these personal attacks against each other do nothing
to enlighten anybody.
Tell Faulty Sham/BeenHired Allegories, and don't accuse me of their
misdeeds again.
"He hit me first" is not a valid argument.
Oh, so I'm not supposed to counter their mean-spirited and calculated
attacks upon reason and facts that I've presented? Don't try and tell
me that I'm stooping to their 'level' with my return volleys of facts
interspersed with more creative invective than they could ever imagine.

Some times you simply *HAVE* to throw them 'grounders' so that even
they realize that they've been out-gamed, out-matched and laughed
at, just to get them to 'tell' on themselves and their motives.

Cops and psychologists do it all the time, in case you hadn't noticed..
I will stipulate that such childish antics are rare coming from you
and that I am not above snapping out a harsh retort when annoyed
beyond bearing. :)
Yes, but sometimes you falsely equivocate the 'left' as being as 'bad'
as the 'right', which I find somewhat annoying when you're countering
these 'childish antics' mentioned as a generalization. But therein lies
the problem with our current political ideologies.

The 'right' mention the 'left' as being "socialist, commie fascists"
when in fact these three terms do not share much in common. In contrast,
the 'left' hears of such childish antics and simply ignores it for
the childish twaddle it really is. But right about now, that 'childish
antics/twaddle' stuff more nearly resembles the cultural 'noise' of
1930's war-torn Germany, as well as newspapers in America with their
'yellow journalism'..

And when a Ken Burns production about the Roosevelt family can draw
ten times the audience of a Fox News or other 'news as entertainment'
television format, I think that it's time to stand up as say something
to all the mindless blathering because there's an audience for mindful
content and thought-provoking inquiries into our nation's past.

And as you've seen, the 'right' try to downplay it, and dishonorably..
-Lionel Trilling
David Hartung
2014-10-23 13:38:58 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
I find your argument unpersuasive.
I'm not trying to persuade you, as you've already made it abundantly
clear that you cannot be 'persuaded' by factual accounts and studies,
such as global warming and climate change. You also have avoided my
challenge to show me where the College Board's AP History curriculum
is somehow "leftist indoctrination", per the RNC's false declarations..
But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
By the way, Tom's point and the point of his original cite was that Fox
news consumers are less knowledgeable than other news consumers. It was
to that position that i was responding. You chose to ignore that, and
instead to harp on the fact that Fox News is biased to the right. The
truth is that all media news is partisan, even NPR. This is pointed out
in one of your cites.

http://www.journalism.org/2012/11/01/coverage-candidates-media-sector-and-cable-outlet/

One more thing, in all the years I have listened to them, NPR has had a
decided lefty wing bias, despite that they are unsurpassed in their
ability to provide detailed, informative coverage, which is why I listen
to them when I can.
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-23 13:46:23 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
I find your argument unpersuasive.
I'm not trying to persuade you, as you've already made it abundantly
clear that you cannot be 'persuaded' by factual accounts and studies,
such as global warming and climate change. You also have avoided my
challenge to show me where the College Board's AP History curriculum
is somehow "leftist indoctrination", per the RNC's false declarations..
But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
By the way, Tom's point and the point of his original cite was that Fox
news consumers are less knowledgeable than other news consumers.
In fact, they are 'less knowledgeable' than people who don't watch
or listen to the news media much, if at all..

That's pretty damning of Fox "news", isn't it?
-Lionel Trilling
David Hartung
As yet, that is unproven.
Man of Mind
2014-10-24 00:25:06 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
[...]
Nope, that's already been proven..

Want me to dig out the cites that I presented Faulty Sham with when
he claimed "that Rush listener are on average, better education
and more intelligence that the population at large" ??

I really don't think that you're going to like it, but if you insist..
-Lionel Trilling
Governor Swill
2014-10-25 01:21:48 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
But, that facts remain, that you're more easily convinced of a lie
than to be convinced that you've been fooled by the GOP's agenda,
and more easily 'persuaded' by misinformation than actual facts,
and this was confirmed by the studies mentioned above..
By the way, Tom's point and the point of his original cite was that Fox
news consumers are less knowledgeable than other news consumers.
In fact, they are 'less knowledgeable' than people who don't watch
or listen to the news media much, if at all..
That's pretty damning of Fox "news", isn't it?
The issue isn't "less" informed as it is "differently advised". The
news on Fox is as factual as anywhere else. The difference in part is
the facts they choose to present are ignored by the left media. The
bigger difference is the opinion programming. Too many folks rely on
Hannity, O'Reilly, Schultz, Maddow and the like for actual news when
all they'll give you is spin on the news they want to spin to you.

And that spin is heavy indeed. When you see hosts start overtaking
their guests, you know the guests are on the verge of breaking out of
spin and imparting something nonpartisan or coldly factual. How dare
they! This viewer filtering procedure works on all networks including
CNN. Just watch for the host to interrupt the guest and be advised
that sometimes it happens just because the guest has got boring and
has long since stopped saying anything new or useful.

Try watching Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace or Mediabuzz with
Howard Kurtz. They're evenhanded enough, it's like watching a
completely different network.

I became a Kurtz fan when he hosted Reliable Sources on CNN. The
format was basically the same thing he's doing now on Fox. He selects
the most spun or popular stories of the week, runs down how they were
covered by the left, right and center then discusses them with a panel
usually composed of one left, one right and one center. His usual
sidekick is a blond woman who leans right.

Kurtz is so far to center it's almost scary. On Reliable Sources he
seemed a bit rightish but on Fox he seems a bit leftish. The best
thing about Kurtz is when he arrives at consensus at the end of a
story segment, he still leaves the audience to think for themselves.
No pronouncements on high, just a variety of opinion including his own
and the consensus he perceives from it. Of all news on screen
talents, the only one I respect more than Kurtz is Christiane
Amanpour.

tonopah

YOU are NOW a BUSTED LIAR!
ALittleRockInTheCosmos
2014-10-26 19:58:34 UTC
Post by tonopah
a BUSTED LIAR!
Typical spammyshitbrain response from a gutless coward WHO NEVER SERVED!

Gonna man up some day, you disgusting cowardly traitor?

Do you ever have anything of interest, or substance, to say?

You are a little dick bitch who feels like it is his civic duty as
a Usenet troll to place his nose firmly in the sphincters of those he
dislikes every time they post. They all own you, spammy, you useless
piece of SHIT!

'Shit happens'
---Traitorous Spammy's reply to the fact that 34 Americans
died and 170 were injured when Israel attacked the USS
Liberty.
Spammy is a gutless coward who has never served his country in
uniform.
Man of Mind
2014-10-24 00:36:30 UTC
Just as an FYI - I did my own research on this topic
Sure you did, and you used what? Google? *>LOL!<*

Meanwhile..

http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/27/section-4-demographics-and-political-views-of-news-audiences/

"Nearly two-thirds (64%) of the regular readers of magazines such
as the New Yorker, the Atlantic and Harpers are college graduates,
as are 63% of readers of the Economist and Bloomberg Businessweek.
More than half of the regular readers of the Wall Street Journal
(56%), New York Times (56%) and news magazines (53%) also are
college graduates. NPR’s audience also is relatively well educated
(54% are college graduates). Just 29% of all Americans are college
graduates.

By comparison, 29% of CNN’s regular audience, 26% of MSNBC’s
audience and 24% of Fox News’s regular audience completed college."
-Lionel Trilling
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-25 01:25:55 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
Just as an FYI - I did my own research on this topic
Sure you did, and you used what? Google? *>LOL!<*
Meanwhile..
http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/27/section-4-demographics-and-political-views-of-news-audiences/
"Nearly two-thirds (64%) of the regular readers of magazines such
as the New Yorker, the Atlantic and Harpers are college graduates,
as are 63% of readers of the Economist and Bloomberg Businessweek.
More than half of the regular readers of the Wall Street Journal
(56%), New York Times (56%) and news magazines (53%) also are
college graduates. NPR’s audience also is relatively well educated
(54% are college graduates). Just 29% of all Americans are college
graduates.
By comparison, 29% of CNN’s regular audience, 26% of MSNBC’s
audience and 24% of Fox News’s regular audience completed college."
It's too bad Faulty can't respond to criticisms of his right-wing
base eroding to 23% just recently. And it just keeps plummeting..

Examples follow..
--
"Did you know that Rush listener are on average, better education
and more intelligence that the population at large?"

"If you have to have to have someone who's "stupid" outsmart you
and correct your mistakes, then what does that make you?"

"The part where you because such an idiot beyond what is
physically possible."

"You don't don't the difference between a typo and a grammar mistake?"

"It seems there are a lot of concepts you're never heard of."

"Wasn't doesn't Obama just stop the shut-down?"

"Liberals don't like being made foolish."

"Is this some kind of Fruedian thing?"

"(What an idoit)"
Man of Mind
2014-11-01 03:07:05 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by Man of Mind
[...]
Well, one could suppose that it's his own gullibility that's to blame..

Examples follow..

"(What an idoit)"
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-24 11:13:19 UTC
..
"treated liberal opinion as fact" - that would explain a lot.
Something that the left in this forum do consistently.
"to draw the broad conclusions you draw from such a pol;l
seems top me to be foolish."

That's strikingly similar to your claim that the College Board's
AP History curriculum changes in Jefferson County Colorado's
high school AP History classes was 'leftist indoctrination'..

Did you ever find any of that 'leftist indoctrination' you were
waving your hands and a blank sheet of paper about? Or, can you
admit that it was yourself that drew "broad conclusions" from
what the RNC was telling you to say..
-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-25 01:08:01 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
"treated liberal opinion as fact" - that would explain a lot.
Something that the left in this forum do consistently.
"to draw the broad conclusions you draw from such a pol;l
seems top me to be foolish."
That's strikingly similar to your claim that the College Board's
AP History curriculum changes in Jefferson County Colorado's
high school AP History classes was 'leftist indoctrination'..
Did you ever find any of that 'leftist indoctrination' you were
waving your hands and a blank sheet of paper about? Or, can you
admit that it was yourself that drew "broad conclusions" from
what the RNC was telling you to say..
It seems that David has backed away from that claim, and is
unable to apologize for making such falsely bold statement.

Never mind that it was almost word-for-word what the RNC
had published earlier this summer, and equally invalid..
-Lionel Trilling
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-25 02:21:17 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
Post by Kurt Lochner
"treated liberal opinion as fact" - that would explain a lot.
Something that the left in this forum do consistently.
"to draw the broad conclusions you draw from such a pol;l
seems top me to be foolish."
That's strikingly similar to your claim that the College Board's
AP History curriculum changes in Jefferson County Colorado's
high school AP History classes was 'leftist indoctrination'..
Did you ever find any of that 'leftist indoctrination' you were
waving your hands and a blank sheet of paper about? Or, can you
admit that it was yourself that drew "broad conclusions" from
what the RNC was telling you to say..
It seems that David has backed away from that claim, and is
unable to apologize for making such falsely bold statement.
Never mind that it was almost word-for-word what the RNC
had published earlier this summer, and equally invalid..
Answering yourself now?
Just illustrating how you refuse to apologize for your assumptions
and unproven allegations, David. Faulty Sham doesn't like me mocking
him in such a manner, and it irritates you into responding too..

So, uhmm, did you find any examples of "leftist indoctrination"
in the College Board's curriculum recommendations for Jefferson
County's AP History classes yet? Or, were you simply trying to
avoid having to apologize to me for lying initially about it?
-Lionel Trilling
Kurt Lochner
2014-10-25 18:27:03 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
So, uhmm, did you find any examples of "leftist indoctrination"
in the College Board's curriculum recommendations for Jefferson
County's AP History classes yet? Or, were you simply trying to
avoid having to apologize to me for lying initially about it?
I guess that question has been answered.. *>LOL!<*
-Lionel Trilling
Governor Swill
2014-10-25 23:49:14 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Just illustrating how you refuse to apologize for your assumptions
and unproven allegations, David. Faulty Sham doesn't like me mocking
him in such a manner, and it irritates you into responding too..
So, uhmm, did you find any examples of "leftist indoctrination"
in the College Board's curriculum recommendations for Jefferson
County's AP History classes yet? Or, were you simply trying to
avoid having to apologize to me for lying initially about it?
Most of David's posts are not in this thread. Is he trimming
newsgroups out of the list?

David Hartung
Kurt is referring to another thread.
Governor Swill

tonopah

Kurt Lochner
2014-10-28 13:06:21 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Kurt Lochner
Just illustrating how you refuse to apologize for your assumptions
and unproven allegations, David. Faulty Sham doesn't like me mocking
him in such a manner, and it irritates you into responding too..
So, uhmm, did you find any examples of "leftist indoctrination"
in the College Board's curriculum recommendations for Jefferson
County's AP History classes yet? Or, were you simply trying to
avoid having to apologize to me for lying initially about it?
Most of David's posts are not in this thread
If you hadn't already guessed it, David has avoided answering to
his own assumptions and overly-broad 'conclusions'..
-Lionel Trilling
tonopah

Governor Swill
2014-10-24 23:58:51 UTC
On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:38:58 -0500, David Hartung
Post by David Hartung
By the way, Tom's point and the point of his original cite was that Fox
news consumers are less knowledgeable than other news consumers. It was
to that position that i was responding. You chose to ignore that, and
instead to harp on the fact that Fox News is biased to the right. The
truth is that all media news is partisan, even NPR. This is pointed out
in one of your cites.
http://www.journalism.org/2012/11/01/coverage-candidates-media-sector-and-cable-outlet/
One more thing, in all the years I have listened to them, NPR has had a
decided lefty wing bias, despite that they are unsurpassed in their
ability to provide detailed, informative coverage, which is why I listen
to them when I can.
There's a difference between news and opinion. Since Fox gets most of
it's news from wire services, the information is as good as any you'll
get. It's the opinion shows you have to watch out for. They don't
care if the omit, twist or outright make up facts as long as it suits
the mood of their audience. Not that the liberal media is any
different, mind.

I even have to filter what CNN's talking heads are saying. Generally
they do a much better job of evenhandedness but have a nasty habit of
forgetting to make points that to me seem rather obvious.

I get most of my "news" from the net and form my own opinions.

tonopah

YOU are NOW a BUSTED LIAR!
Man of Mind
2014-10-24 00:09:58 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
By the way, the above are polls, not "studies"
I see that you've again dropped the ball..
These studies were drawn from opinion polls, devised in such a manner
that the opinions were a measure of knowledge, dispersed by the various
media. In these comparisons, Fox News (presented as 'entertainment')
as opposed to NPR and other sources..
Kinda funny how Faulty Sperm and Vapid Hating don't want to address
that particular set of circumstance indicated by these studies..
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Other studies..
http://www.journalism.org/2012/11/01/coverage-candidates-media-sector-and-cable-outlet/
It seems that you did not even scan what you cited
It seems that you're not familiar with actual studies, as this
article mentioned above correlates the previous studies, David.
Kurt tends to do that a lot...
Yeah, I tend to look up the original published studies, and back
it up with footnotes to references and related studies. That's why
I still work with the Dean Emeritus of Research on occasion, and
visited with him again last night.

Now, in comparison..

I recall when you tried to pretend that Rush Limbaugh's listeners were
"on average, better education and more intelligence that the population
at large", and then I followed that 'study' to the original published
works that not disputed what you said, but actually said that such
listeners weren't as informed or educated as liberal graduates.

You ran away from that, but I saved it.

Would like to have that introduced back into the discussion?
-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-25 01:00:12 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by Man of Mind
Post by Kurt Lochner
Post by David Hartung
Post by Kurt Lochner
Other studies..
http://www.journalism.org/2012/11/01/coverage-candidates-media-sector-and-cable-outlet/
It seems that you did not even scan what you cited
It seems that you're not familiar with actual studies, as this
article mentioned above correlates the previous studies, David.
Kurt tends to do that a lot...
Yeah, I tend to look up the original published studies, and back
it up with footnotes to references and related studies. That's why
I still work with the Dean Emeritus of Research on occasion, and
visited with him again last night.
"visited with him
Yup, dropped by the house, dropped off another project to complete
inside of a ridiculously short span of time. Always the challenge..
Post by Man of Mind
Now, in comparison..
I recall when you tried to pretend that Rush Limbaugh's listeners were
"on average, better education and more intelligence that the population
at large", and then I followed that 'study' to the original published
works that not disputed what you said, but actually said that such
listeners weren't as informed or educated as liberal graduates.
You ran away from that, but I saved it.
Would like to have that introduced back into the discussion?
Sure
You'll just run away, and 'forget' to reply, like Farthung..

http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/27/section-4-demographics-and-political-views-of-news-audiences/

"Nearly two-thirds (64%) of the regular readers of magazines such
as the New Yorker, the Atlantic and Harpers are college graduates,
as are 63% of readers of the Economist and Bloomberg Businessweek.
More than half of the regular readers of the Wall Street Journal
(56%), New York Times (56%) and news magazines (53%) also are
college graduates. NPR’s audience also is relatively well educated
(54% are college graduates). Just 29% of all Americans are college
graduates.

By comparison, 29% of CNN’s regular audience, 26% of MSNBC’s
audience and 24% of Fox News’s regular audience completed college."

http://www.alternet.org/media/why-conservatives-opt-propaganda-over-reality

Conservatives are consuming a right-wing media full of lies and
misinformation, whereas liberals are more interested in media
that puts facts before ideology.

"Pew Research set out to find what’s behind what it considers
the increasing political polarization of the United States;

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/13/5803768/pew-most-important-fact-american-politics

why the country is moving away from political moderation and
becoming more and more divided between liberals and conservatives.
Its first report on the phenomenon, which examines where people
are hearing news and opinion in both regular and social media,

http://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21/political-polarization-media-habits/

shows that this is happening for very different reasons among
people moving to the right than for people moving to the left.

Or that’s the charitable way to put it. The less charitable way
is to say Pew discovered that conservatives are consuming a
right-wing media full of lies and misinformation, whereas liberals
are more interested in media that puts facts before ideology. It’s
very much not a “both sides do it” situation. Conservatives are
becoming more conservative because of propaganda, whereas liberals
are becoming more liberal while staying very much checked into reality.
..

http://www.people-press.org/2014/06/12/appendix-a-the-ideological-consistency-scale/

..
Enter right-wing media, which has a nifty trick of convincing
audiences it’s the other guys who are the liars, all while
actually being much less trustworthy in reality. From conservative
screaming about the “media elite” to Fox News’s old slogan “Fair
and Balanced,” conservative media is rife with the message that
everyone is out to get you, conservative viewer, and only in the
warm blanket of right-wing propaganda will you be safe."

And Fox "news" is playing you like a cheap violin, Faulty Sperm.

It's that 'low-effort' thinking that tells on you.

Examples follow..

Kurt Lochner
2014-10-29 12:04:09 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
Post by Man of Mind
[...]
It seems that you've chased Faulty Sham off again..

"(What an idoit)"
Man of Mind
2014-10-29 16:23:41 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
You'll just run away, and 'forget' to reply, like Farthung..
Alternet, people-press.org, etc.
And you couldn't refute a word of it. *>LOL!<*

"Prediction fulfilled.."

-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-29 17:19:09 UTC
Alternet, people-press.org, etc.
I see where Kurt gets his news.
Do you have any citation to post here which contradict or disproves the facts given in these articles???
We'll wait.
...still waiting...
. . .
Sure here you go -
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/12/10/
That was the initial misquote of the Pew Surveys that I cited,
you cretinous, stupid, gullible, old woman.. *>LOL!<*

-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-30 01:34:04 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
[...]
And if you BELIEVE that
There's no "belief" involved, Ms. Bleats..
-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-30 01:29:04 UTC
Do you have any citation to post here which contradict or
disproves the facts given in these articles???
We'll wait.
...still waiting...
Sure here you go -
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/12/10/liberals-fall-hoax-study-claiming-fox-news-makes-people-stupid
"newsblusters".. *>LOL!<*
A FOX article defending FOX? Real proof!
If you can refute any of it
Well, it was based upon this..

http://www.people-press.org/files/legacy-pdf/04-11-12%20Knowledge%20Release.pdf

Similarly, that same survey in 2014 titles the same section of
that survey as “Modest Partisan Differences in Knowledge.”

But, essentially, it's a "NewsIQ" poll, and doesn't refute any of
the cites that I presented to refute you noisy blathering, Faulty..

[...]

And Fox "news" is playing you like a cheap violin, Fluffy Skirts.

It's your 'low-effort' thinking that always betrays you..

Examples follow..

"(What an idoit)"
Man of Mind
2014-10-31 00:48:08 UTC
Post by Man of Mind
Do you have any citation to post here which contradict or
disproves the facts given in these articles???
We'll wait.
...still waiting...
Sure here you go -
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/12/10/liberals-fall-hoax-study-claiming-fox-news-makes-people-stupid
"newsblusters".. *>LOL!<*
What a hoot..
Post by Man of Mind
[...]
You posted a lot of sites,
Yes, it's necessary to leave you absolutely no 'wiggle room'..
are Fox News viewers more intelligent and informed than others?
Nope..
If you have a site than makes a claim either way
Thanks for again proving my point!

Examples follow..

"(What an idoit)"
Man of Mind
2014-11-04 02:06:37 UTC
I've figured out why PBS gets so much viewership
Better programming, with no commercials.

As for the 'right-wing echo chamber..

-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-25 11:17:20 UTC
..
Post by Man of Mind
Now, in comparison..
I recall when you tried to pretend that Rush Limbaugh's listeners were
"on average, better education and more intelligence that the population
at large", and then I followed that 'study' to the original published
works that not disputed what you said, but actually said that such
listeners weren't as informed or educated as liberal graduates.
You ran away from that, but I saved it.
Would like to have that introduced back into the discussion?
I'd like to see it and wonder that you haven't presented it already.
Here's what we've been cussing/discussing..

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/174826/survey-nprs-listeners-best-informed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/

"People who watch MSNBC and CNN exclusively can answer more questions
about domestic events than people who watch no news at all. People
who only watch Fox did much worse. NPR listeners answered more
questions correctly than people in any other category.

The survey of 1185 random people conducted by landline and cell
phone in early February follows a similar poll FDU conducted last
November, which surveyed only New Jersey residents and returned
similar results."

The previous study..

http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/

For release...
Monday, Nov. 21, 2011

Some News Leaves People Knowing Less

According to the latest results from Fairleigh Dickinson University’s
PublicMind Poll, some news sources make us less likely to know what’s
going on in the world. In the most recent study, the poll asked New
Jerseyans about current events at home and abroad, and from what
sources – if any – they get their information. The conclusion:

Sunday morning news shows do the most to help people learn about
current events, while some outlets, especially Fox News, lead people
to be even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news
at all."

Previously..

http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/27/section-4-demographics-and-political-views-of-news-audiences/

"Nearly two-thirds (64%) of the regular readers of magazines such
as the New Yorker, the Atlantic and Harpers are college graduates,
as are 63% of readers of the Economist and Bloomberg Businessweek.
More than half of the regular readers of the Wall Street Journal
(56%), New York Times (56%) and news magazines (53%) also are
college graduates. NPR’s audience also is relatively well educated
(54% are college graduates). Just 29% of all Americans are college
graduates.

By comparison, 29% of CNN’s regular audience, 26% of MSNBC’s
audience and 24% of Fox News’s regular audience completed college."

Now..

-Lionel Trilling
Governor Swill
2014-10-24 23:38:01 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Thus far all you have is a couple of polls from the same source. These
polls seem to draw very broad conclusions based upon a very limited set
of questions; sorry, I find your argument unpersuasive.
I find the subject line hilarious.

Even as a centrist I have little use for PBS or MSNBC. And before you
libs go off on me, I don't watch Fox either.

As likeable as Brian Williams is I don't even watch NBC news anymore.
In the same amount of time, ABC manages to provide more information,
more even handed coverage and usually more stories than NBC. Even CBS
is better than NBC.

Now, that said, it has been clearly shown that news consumers usually
seek out and rely on news sources that feed their own preformed
opinions on issues even if it means swallowing the most ludicrous and
slanted analysis.

TV ratings aren't necessarily the best gauge anyway. Fox may get more
viewers but CNN has far and away more Internet traffic. This may be
accounted for by the relatively higher age of Fox's viewers compared
to those using net resources.

tonopah

YOU are NOW a BUSTED LIAR!
Man of Mind
2014-10-24 00:00:31 UTC
A highly suspect study if I recall.
Your 'recall' is suspect, as the three studies performed so far
have confirmed that trend. More will follow and likely you may
already be the subject of one such study..
The "study" posted by TomSr concluded that consumers of Fox News ARE
Less informed than other consumers
In fact, Fox "news" viewers are actually less informed than those
who do not watch Fox, PBS or listen to NPR, for that matter..

That's gotta suck, so far as Fox "news" credibility goes, never
mind that tens of millions of people watched Ken Burn's presentation
than have ever watched Fox "news".

Hence, the right-wing butt-hurt going down.. *>LOL!<*
-Lionel Trilling
Man of Mind
2014-10-24 01:59:14 UTC
P.S. You know there was a scientific study done about this fact,
Oinker, the people who watch Fox News are LESS informed than people
who watch no news at all -- because it was posted in this newsgroup.
A highly suspect study if I recall.
Your 'recall' is suspect, as the three studies performed so far
have confirmed that trend. More will follow and likely you may
already be the subject of one such study..
Pray that you don't say anything more stupid than usual..
I think if a scientific study were done on this particular point, a
direct correlation would be found between FOX News' right to falsify
news reports -and- FOX News viewers being *less informed* than those
people who do not watch any news.
That settles it. You are so consistently on the wrong side of things,
Nope, that would again only be yourself..

[...]

You know, just case you wake up from your self-induced stupor,
feeling like a sap, a "had lad" and all that, I will be there
to lend you the emotional support and guidance you'll need, David.

I'm just waiting for you to take the first step..
-Lionel Trilling
derek
2014-10-24 03:05:54 UTC
Post by Kurt Lochner
P.S. You know there was a scientific study done about this fact,
Oinker, the people who watch Fox News are LESS informed than people
who watch no news at all -- because it was posted in this newsgroup.
A highly suspect study if I recall.
Your 'recall' is suspect, as the three studies performed so far
have confirmed that trend. More will follow and likely you may
already be the subject of one such study..
The "study" posted by TomSr concluded that consumers of Fox News ARE
Less informed than other consumers
Nope. The studies concluded what you know about current events
depends upon which new network you watch most often. In the
particular studies that compared NPR listeners to Fox Noise,
NPR listeners don't mind being profiled and assigned to moron
categories like the non-thinking dweebs they are.